Loading...

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Author: Mohamed Mohedin

“SpaceX” contracts with “NASA” to build a lander on the moon worth $ 2.9 billion

SpaceX, owned by American businessman Elon Musk, has won a contract worth $ 2.89 billion from NASA to build a spacecraft that will land astronauts on the surface of the moon, in one of the most prominent commercial space race awards.

On Friday, NASA chose the rocket company, SpaceX, as the sole contractor to build its next lunar probe, and to conduct one exploratory visit to the moon, most likely by 2024.

SpaceX, owned by American businessman Elon Musk, has won a contract worth $ 2.89 billion from NASA to build a spacecraft that will land astronauts on the surface of the moon, in one of the most prominent commercial space race awards.

On Friday, NASA chose the rocket company, SpaceX, as the sole contractor to build its next lunar probe, and to conduct one exploratory visit to the moon, most likely by 2024.

SpaceX has offered to build and operate its landing craft for $ 2.9 billion, which is “significantly” less than the bid of a competitor from Bezos Blue Origin missile company, affiliated with billionaire Jeff Bezos, according to the Financial Times, citing a document. NASA. ”

According to the newspaper, the selection of “NASA” as a sole contractor for the most important elements of its space program reflects the severe budgetary pressures under which the agency is working, as it is trying to return to the moon for the first time since 1972.

“We awarded the contract to SpaceX in view of what we believe are realistic budgets in the coming years,” said agency official Mark Kyrasisch.

Besides pioneering a new era of fixed-cost commercial space programs for NASA, SpaceX was the first to transport cargo to the International Space Station. And last year, human spaceflight returned to US soil for the first time since 2011, when it received “NASA” astronauts, to the International Space Station.

NASA officials said they are embarking on a review of how to maintain their competitiveness in light of the development of human landers, including a round of consultations with the rest of the commercial space industry, noting that the discussions are designed to lead to a “sustainable” series of visits to the moon. In the wake of SpaceX’s only test landing.

Although SpaceX plans to eventually use the spacecraft on a full flight between Earth and Mars, its role in the landing announced, Friday, will only be to transport two astronauts from orbit around the moon to the surface before returning them.

This mission is part of NASA’s Artemis program, which will use the giant SLS rocket, developed by Boeing, along with the Orion spacecraft from Lockheed Martin, to transport astronauts to and from a “gateway” in orbit. Around the moon.

The newspaper reported that “SpaceX” has suffered a number of accidents this year in its first efforts to prove its ability to land safely in spacecraft.

$ 12.4 billion deal for Saudi Aramco pipelines with EIG consortium

Saudi Aramco has signed a deal with a consortium led by EIG Global Energy Partners (AIG), with investment returns estimated at $ 12.4 billion.

Under the deal, a recently established Saudi Aramco subsidiary, the Aramco Crude Oil Supply Company, will lease the rights to use Saudi Aramco’s concentrated crude oil pipeline network for a period of 25 years.

Aramco will control 51% of the new company, while the consortium led by EIG will retain a 49% stake. Aramco will retain full ownership of the pipeline network with operational control.

According to the agreement, the deal will not impose any restrictions on the company in terms of the amount of actual production of crude oil, which is subject to the production decisions made by the state, and in return, Aramco Crude Oil Supply Company will receive a tariff paid from Saudi Aramco for the quantities of concentrated crude oil that flow through The network and that tariff is linked to a minimum volume of these quantities.

Saudi Aramco’s president and chief executive officer, Eng. Amin Al-Nasser said the deal would strengthen the company’s capital structure and maximize shareholder returns.

The mummies transport event embodies the true meaning of merging tourism and archeology

Dr. Khaled Al-Anani, Minister of Tourism and Antiquities, said that the celebration of the transfer of royal mummies is a historical archaeological event, and fully embodies the meaning of the true merger between tourism and antiquities, indicating that the ceremony of transferring mummies has fulfilled its purpose at the global and local level, adding that President El-Sisi received the kings of Egypt The great was a wonderful cultural manifestation and a strong message and a sense of pride for every Egyptian citizen, and entering Egypt every home in the world is an honorable thing for everyone, stressing that he wrote the film “The Egypt of Civilization” in his handwriting with the artist Khaled El Nabawy and the company.

And Al-Anani continued, during a telephone interview in the ninth program broadcast on the Egyptian Channel One and presented by the media, Youssef Al-Husseini, that nearly twenty meetings were held regarding preparations for the inauguration ceremony of the Grand Egyptian Museum, indicating that the citizen will not accept after that a “text-text celebration” and this is what We did it to ourselves, stressing that the outlines of the opening ceremony of the Grand Egyptian Museum that will take place in the coming months, indicating that between twenty-two foreign companies were chosen to organize the opening ceremony, but after seeing what an Egyptian company presented in terms of dazzling at the ceremony of transferring mummies, He recounts his accounts once again, adding that the Director-General of UNESCO praised the film, Egypt, Civilization, and the dazzling mummies transfer ceremony.

The Minister of Tourism and Antiquities continued that he received the Director-General of UNESCO with President El-Sisi, after which they went to Alexandria Governorate to see the effects of the governorate, and after that they went to Aswan Governorate for tourism investment and promotion between Egypt and the organization, adding that work is now underway to produce a movie behind the scenes of the mummies transport ceremony.

 

Disney is delaying the release of several of its films until the summer

The “Disney” group announced, Tuesday, that it has again postponed the release of the upcoming “Black Widow” movie, and a number of other superhero world “Marvel” films and animation, frustrating hopes that American cinemas will quickly restore their vitality after a year of closure due to the Corona pandemic, according to What was reported by “Agence France Presse”.


Starring Scarlett Johansson, “Black Widow” is considered the most prominent movie that was expected to be released in the spring, and he was counting on allowing the audience to lure back into the Los Angeles and New York theaters, which recently reopened their doors with reduced capacity.

The group set a new date for the film’s release on July 9, that is, two months after the date that was previously announced by Disney, and it will be available at the same time to subscribers of the Disney Plus platform for an additional fee.

“Disney”, which is paying increasing attention to streaming services, said that this decision reflects “the evolution of audience preferences” in a market that “has begun to witness a recovery” from the effects of the pandemic.

The announcement of the postponement was a blow to cinemas, which have been badly affected by the epidemic and are relying on Disney films to generate revenue again.

The animated film “Luca” will be shown directly on “Disney Plus” without going through the big screens, while the “Corolla” animated film, adapted from “101 Dalmatians”, will be shown in theaters and on the streaming platform simultaneously, starting from May 28, according to the company. The world’s first entertainment.

%d bloggers like this: