Loading...

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Conte comments on Harry Kane’s decline

Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte has said he is not considering dropping striker Harry Kane from the starting line-up due to his poor performance as the team prepares for a large number of matches this month.
Tottenham will play 8 matches in all competitions during the remainder of December.

Kane, 28, captain of the England national team, was Tottenham’s top scorer last season, but the tally has fallen a lot this season, as he scored only one goal so far, and he was in a 3-2 victory over Newcastle United last October.

Conte said: “It is difficult to start a game without Harry. He is honestly an important player for us .. in all respects.”

“I hope the situation improves, the confidence of all the players improves, and that we can control the situation without Harry, not completely, but enough for us to get the three points,” the veteran Italian coach added.

“At the moment, I don’t see a possibility to start without Harry,” Conte added.

%d bloggers like this: